By Laura Huerta Migus
On February 7, ACM launched 90 Days of Action, a campaign celebrating the important role children’s museums play in welcoming immigrant and refugee children and families.
We’re thrilled with the early results of our research into what children’s museums are already doing to serve diverse communities: Most of our members have outreach strategies specifically to reach these populations, and more than 75 percent are looking into new opportunities to do so.
If you haven’t yet done so, feel free to take our survey at any point throughout the campaign, which runs through May 8.
As we enter the next phase of the campaign, the ACM team has developed materials to help museums get involved in the campaign. Here’s how your museum can get involved:
- Share stories, photos, videos about your museum’s cultural education and engagement efforts on your social media feeds using the hashtag #WorldTheyDeserve
- Tell your local leaders and newspapers about your efforts
- Let your customers know
- Develop new outreach efforts
- Participate in ACM research to capture the breadth of all efforts
Here are downloadable tools to help your museum get started:
- ACM’s National Press Release about Campaign
- Template Press Release for Members
- Template Column for News Outlet
- Template Blog for Web or LinkedIn
- Template Fact Sheet
- Template Talking Points
- Samples Social Media Posts
- Social Media Graphics: Option 1 / Option 2
All of these resources can also be found on our website.
Together, children’s museums are creating a #WorldTheyDeserve. Please direct any questions to Alison Howard at Alison.Howard@ChildrensMuseums.org.